AUTUMN LEAVES FURNITURE OUTLET LTD T/A SIGNATURE WEAVE
Application and entire agreement
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods detailed in our quotation (Goods) by the buyer (you or Customer) from Autumn Leaves Furniture Outlet Ltd T/A Signature Weave a company registered in England and Wales under number 0837239 whose registered office is at Unit 1 Prospect House, Prospect Road, Staffordshire, WS7 0AL (we or us or Supplier).
2. These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or the quotation or from the date of any delivery of the Goods (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
3. These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
4. A “business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
5. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
6. Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
7. The description of the Goods is set out in our sales documentation, unless expressly changed in our quotation. In accepting the quotation you acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, promise or other representatives about the Goods by us. Descriptions of the Goods set out in our sales documentation are intended as a guide only.
8. We can make any changes to the specifications of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements.
9. The price (price) of the Goods is set out in our quotation current at the date of your order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
10. If the cost of the Goods to us increases due to any factor beyond our control including, but not limited to, material costs, labour costs, alteration of exchange rates or duties, or changes to delivery rates, we can increase the Price prior to delivery.
11. Any increase in the Price under the clause above will only take place after we have told you about it.
12. You may be entitled to discounts. Any and all discounts will be at our discretion.
13. The Price is exclusive of fees for packaging and transportation/delivery.
14. The Price is exclusive of any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
Cancellation and alteration
15. Details of the Goods as described in the cause above (Goods) and set out in our sales documentation are subject to alteration without notice and are not a contractual offer to sell the Goods which is capable of acceptance.
16. The quotation (including any non-standard price negotiated in accordance with the clause on Price (above) is valid for a period of 30 days only from the date shown in it unless expressly withdrawn by us at an earlier time.
17. Either of us can cancel the order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
18. We will invoice you for the Price either:
a. On or at any time after delivery of the Goods; or
b. Where the Goods are to be collected by you or where you wrongfully do not take delivery of the Goods, at any time after we have notified you that the Goods are ready for collection or we have tried to deliver them.
c. 5 working days prior to direct containers arriving at the port.
19. You must pay the price within 5 days of the date of our invoice or otherwise according to any credit terms agreed between us.
20. You must make payment even if delivery has not have taken place and/or that the title in the Goods has not passed to you.
21. If you do not pay within the period set out above, we will suspend any further deliveries to you and without limiting any of our other rights or remedies for statutory interest, charge you interest at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England from time to time on the amount outstanding until you pay in full.
22. Time for payment will be of the essence of the Contract between us and you.
23. All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
24. Both parties must pay all amounts due under these Terms and Conditions in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and neither party is entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
25. We will arrange for the delivery of the Goods to the address specified in the quotation, or your order or to another location we agree in writing.
26. If you do not specify a delivery address or if we both agree, you must collect the Goods from our premises.
27. Subject to the specific terms of any special delivery service, delivery can take place at any time of the day and must be accepted at any time between 8am to 8pm.
28. If you do not take delivery of the Goods we may, at our discretion and without prejudice to any other rights:
a. Store or arrange for the storage of the Goods and will charge you for all associated costs and expenses including, but not limited to, transportation, storage and insurance; and/or
b. Make arrangements for the redelivery of the Goods and will charge you for the costs of such redelivery; and/or
c. After 10 business days, resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and charge you for any shortfall below the price of the Goods.
29. If redelivery is not possible as set out above, you must collect the Goods from our premises and will be notified of this. We can charge you for all associated costs including, but not limited to, storage and insurance.
30. Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods that is caused by a circumstance beyond our control or your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
31. We can deliver the Goods by instalments, which will be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment is a separate contract. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment will not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
Drop Shipping Delivery
32. All of our orders are processed and dispatched from our warehouse in Burntwood, Staffordshire UK.
33. We have a dedicated drop shipping team who are committed to getting the items sent out to your buyers as quickly and securely as possible.
34. Our orders are fulfilled using a variety of 3rd party couriers, depending on size, weight and destination.
35. The delivery duration applies only after the payment has been made, as opposed to when the order was placed or created.
36. Where we notify you of Goods being sent out with a Pallet Service, you must ensure the customer is aware that the pallet will be off loaded and moved to a location at the kerbside. We are not under any obligation to move the pallet(s) further than the kerbside, and shall not be required to enter any premises, or carry your pallet(s) up any stairs.
37. The Goods will not be removed from the pallet and pallets will not be removed/taken away from your buyer.
38. It is your responsibility to ensure:
a. all reasonable access is available at the delivery addresses, and inform us (at the time of placing your order) of any potential issues that may arise while accessing delivery addresses; and
b. that the delivery locations have sufficient access to accommodate the delivery vehicles and the manoeuvring of pallets. The area for delivery must be level and solid ground (i.e. tarmac, paving, concrete) as the pump trucks used to manoeuvre the pallets cannot be taken up/down curbs or positioned on loose ground.
39. What happens if we have attempted delivery and failed. If an attempt has been made at the delivery address, and the location is unattended, the driver will wait for a maximum period of 15 minutes. We will attempt to contact you on the number set out in your order. Our drivers are only permitted to wait for a maximum further period of 15 minutes before classifying the delivery as failed. There will be additional charges payable by you as set out in our surcharge list, for each failed delivery.
40. Arranging re-delivery after a failed attempt. If a delivery has failed, we will attempt to contact you to arrange another delivery. In relation to an arranged re-delivery, you will be subject to a surcharge set out in our surcharge list.
41. Ensuring authorised person present at delivery location. It is your responsibility to ensure that there is an authorised person at the delivery location to sign for the pallet(s). Signature by a person at the delivery location shall be proof of delivery.
42. The Goods need to be checked before a Signature is provided to the courier as this is acceptance by your buyer of the Goods being in good order.
43. If you change delivery dates. If you want to change a delivery date you will incur additional charges (set out in our surcharge list).
44. Delivery address cannot be changed once an order has been dispatched, so please ensure the address is correct before placing the order.
45. Potential Surcharge, including but not limited to:
a. Attempted Delivery – £25 +VAT (per pallet).
Inspection and acceptance of Goods
46. You must inspect the Goods on delivery or collection.
47. If you identify any damages or shortages, you must inform us in writing within 3 days of receipt, providing details.
48. Other than by agreement, we will only accept returned Goods if we are satisfied that those Goods are defective and if required, have carried out an inspection.
49. Subject to your compliance with this clause and/or our agreement, you may return the Goods and we will, as appropriate, repair, or replace, or refund the Goods or part of them.
50. We will be under no liability or further obligation in relation to the Goods if:
a. If you fail to provide notice as set above; and/or
b. You make any further use of such Goods after giving notice under the clause above relating to damages and shortages; and/or
c. The defect arises because you did not follow our oral or written instructions about the shortage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the Goods; and/or
d. The defect arises from normal wear and tear of the Goods; and/or
e. The defect arises from misuse or alteration of the Goods, negligence, wilful damage or any other act by you, your employees or agents or any third parties.
51. You bear the risk and cost of returning the Goods.
52. Acceptance of the Goods will be deemed to be upon inspection of them by you and in any event within 7 days after delivery.
Risk and title
53. The risk in the Goods will pass to you on completion of delivery.
54. Title to the Goods will not pass to you until we have received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for: (a) the Goods and/or (b) any other goods or services that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has become due.
55. Until title to the Goods has passed to you, you must (a) hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as our bailee; and/or (b) store the goods separately and not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods; and/or (c) keep the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risk for their full price from the date of deliver.
56. As long as the Goods have not been resold, or irreversibly incorporated into another product, and without limiting any other right or remedy we have, we can at any time ask you to delivery up the Goods and, if you fail to do so promptly, enter any of your premises or any third party where the Goods are stored in order to recover them.
57. In all instances where the Customers seeks to return the Goods, they must contact you as the retailer, and only you (not the Customer) shall deal with us.
58. You must provide the order reference number when seeking to return or claim a refund for the Goods.
59. Defective Goods: Where it can be shown that the products have left our warehouse in a faulty condition;
a. we will firstly endeavour to resolve the matter using our third party local technicians or,
b. replace them or,
c. where not possible, offer a replacement product, or
d. where not acceptable, offer a refund.
e. You agree to provide all information and assistance as reasonably requested, and to liaise with the customer regarding any replacement or substitute product. We may at our discretion request the return of the products for inspection or other purposes, and you agree to assist us to fulfil this requirement.
60. Damaged Goods: Where the Goods have left our warehouse undamaged but have been damaged in transit, we will investigate and seek compensation from the carrier where possible. This is subject to compliance with clauses ‘Inspection and acceptance of Goods’.
61. Unwanted Goods: Where the Customer decides at any time after our acceptance of an order that they do not want the Goods, any such returns will be your (the retailer) responsibility and we are under no obligation to accept returns of the Goods or offer a refund.
62. All items must be returned in original packaging and in original condition within 30 days.
63. Returned items in original condition and packaging will incur a restocking fee of 25%.
64. Returned items which are not in their original condition, are damaged or are missing parts will incur charges of up to 50%.
65. We can terminate the sale of Goods under the Contract where:
a. You commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
b. You are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become the subject of bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors;
c. You enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with your creditors; or
d. You convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertaking any part thereof, any documents filed with the court appointment of an administrator, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for the winding up of your affairs or for the granting of an administration order, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
Limitation of Liability
66. Our Liability under the Contract, and breach of statutory duty, and in tort, misrepresentation or otherwise will be limited to this section.
67. Subject to the clauses above on Inspection and Acceptance and Risk and Title, all warranties, conditions or other term implemented by statue or common law (save for those implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
68. If we do not deliver the Goods, our liability is limited, subject to the clause below, to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods.
69. Our total liability will not, in any circumstances, exceed the total amount of the Price payable to you.
70. We will not be liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with the Goods, for:
a. any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses; and/or
b. any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or other third party claims; and/or
c. any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; and/or
d. any losses caused directly or indirectly by failure or breach by you in relation to your obligations; and/or
e. any loss relating to the choice of the Goods and how they will meet your purpose or the use by you of the Goods supplied.
71. The exclusions of the liability contained within this clause will not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit our liability; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
72. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or duly authorised officer of that party).
73. Notices will be deemed to have been duly given:
a. when delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (included registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
b. when sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated.
c. on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
d. on the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
74. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
75. When providing the Goods to the Buyer, the Seller may gain access to and/or acquire the ability to transfer, store or process personal data of employees of the Buyer.
76. The parties agree that where such processing of personal data takes place, the Buyer shall be ‘data controller’ and the Seller shall be the ‘data processor’ as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as may be amended, extended and/or re-enacted from time to time.
77. For the avoidance of doubt, ‘Personal Data’, ‘Processing’, ‘Data Controller’, ‘Data Processor’ and ‘Data Subject’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
78. The Seller shall only Process Personal Data to the extent reasonably required to enable it to provide the Goods as mentioned in these terms and conditions or as requested by and agreed with the Buyer, shall not retain any Personal Data longer than necessary for the Processing and refrain from Processing any Personal Data for its own or for any third party’s purposes.
79. The Seller shall not disclose Personal Data to third parties other than employees, directors, agents, subcontractors or advisors on a strict “need-to-know” basis and only under the same (or more extensive) conditions as set out in these terms and conditions or to the extent required by applicable legislation and/or regulations.
80. The Seller shall implement and maintain technical and organisational security measures as are required to protect Personal Data Processed by the Seller on behalf of the Buyer. Further information about the Seller’s approach to data protection are specified in its Data Protection Policy, which can be found on our website. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can email: email@example.com.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
81. Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquake, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
82. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
83. If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to the unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and jurisdiction
84. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputed arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.